James M. West’s entire legal career (23 years) has been focused on providing top quality legal representation in civil and criminal cases in Northern Kentucky. He has worked extensively in the field of personal injuries resulting from truck and car accidents. Mr. West trial and settlement results speak for volumes on his effectiveness in the courtroom. Personal Injury Verdicts and Settlements and Defense Verdicts and Settlements
The love of the law runs in the family. Mr. West’s mother, the late Judge Judy West was the first woman judge to serve in Kenton County and the first woman ever to serve of the Court of Appeals of Kentucky. She served as Kenton District Judge from 1980-1987. In 1987 she was named by the Kentucky Post the Outstanding Women in Northern Kentucky. Judge West was appointed to the Kentucky Court of Appeals where she served until her death in 1991.
Mr. West’s father, the late Larry West, was a well-respected trial lawyer in Northern Kentucky. James West had the privilege of being mentored by his father for the first ten years while working with his father’s law firm, Ware, Bryson, West and Kummer.
After his father’s death, James West and David Martin formed the law firm of Martin & West, PLLC. Mr. Martin retired in 2012 and thus The Law Office of James M. West was formed.
We provide legal counsel in civil litigation and criminal litigation cases, including plaintiff or defense representation in personal injury cases. We also offer criminal litigation defense in state and federal courts.
Mr. West is admitted to practice in the state courts and before the United States District Court in the Western District of Kentucky and the Eastern District of Kentucky. He was a partner at Ware, Bryson West & Kummer, PLLC from 1992 to 2003, and he earned his J.D., Cum Laude, at Salmon P. Chase College of Law in Highland Heights, Kentucky.
An Experienced, Respected, and Reliable Attorney James West is an active member of the Kentucky Bar Association and Northern Kentucky Bar Association Mr. West served on the Northern Kentucky Bar Association Board of Directors from 2002 to 2005.
- Co-founding checkyourgenes.org, a charity created to inform the public on genetic testing for those with a family history of breast or ovarian cancer
- Elder and Personnel Committee Member, Lakeside Presbyterian Church
- Coach, Dixie Heights High School Mock Trial team
- Former Deacon and Sunday School teacher, Lakeside Presbyterian Church, Lakeside Park, Kentucky
- Former, Volunteer basketball coach, Hinsdale Elementary School
Mr. West has gained the respect of clients, lawyers, judges, industry professionals and companies in Northern Kentucky for the last 23 years. At The Law Office of James M. West, we will sort through all of the details in your case; we will communicate clearly with you and in the courtroom by using the latest exhibit and testimony presentation technology.
- To schedule a free consultation, call 859-341-0600 or send us an email to schedule a free consultation. We are located 2045 Dixie Highway in Ft. Mitchell, Kentucky (2 Blocks North of I-75).